Thursday 23 April 2015

Review of 3 Point lighting


From watching  'Opale - sparkles and wine teaser' video I can see just how affected the face and emotions can be just by simple lighting.   In the video the woman stays still and the the light around her is changing and moving positions, therefore making it appear as if she is changing facial expressions but she is not and I like how light itself is able to do such a simple thing.  Although I am not capturing faces I can still use a similar lighting technique used in this video.


Because I am using macro lenses and the light that is let in is very limited I have decided to use 3 point lighting using constant lights.  I may have to move the lights a lot closer to the hands I am photographing so the image is not so dark.

Key light - Shines on the subject from the front, acting as the main source of light.

Fill light - Shines on the subject from the side usually at the level of the face, creating shadows.  Not as bright as the key light.

Back light - Shines from the back, this light outlines the subject and creates a separation between the subject and the background.










No comments:

Post a Comment