Friday 24 April 2015

Macro

This shot was under artificial lighting in the studios so I had much more control over the warmth  of the lights.  In comparison to available light, I myself really don't have a preference as to which one works better I believe for what I'm doing as long as there is enough light source onto the hands then I think they both work as well as each other.

I had trouble with the depth of field once again with these pictures but more so because I was using the 65mm lens.  I tested some pictures firstly at 1x zoom and working up to 5x zoom.  However the 5x zoom was very difficult to get right as there was hardly any room for the light to travel up the lens and so the aperture had to be very large therefore making to ISO larger too.  Due to this problem I chose to stick with photographing at the 1x zoom.

I think that the 65mm is a much better lens for me to get my desired aim with rather than the 50mm, so I think I will stick to using this lens.

As well, for these pictures I used my own hands as I was just testing out the lighting and lens, but I could possibly use myself, my mum and my gran on order to get the range of ages.















No comments:

Post a Comment