Thursday 23 April 2015

Context

Most of my aims for this project are merely aesthetic and to intrigue others opinions.  However in some ways I am focusing on the bigger picture of how the human form looks as it ages and that it is not always easy to tell the difference specifically between the young and the old when it comes to the use of photography.  I feel that with photography you are able to distort situations as you as the photographer please, and this can have its benefits when it comes to making something appear as something else.  For example with my images I want to aim for a set of images that comes across as quite ambiguous to the audience, and I think I can achieve this through the use of macro photography because it allows me to get as close as I want, whilst distorting the age of the subject.  I want to create something that does not stereotype beauty conventions in today's society - and the fact that it is considered "ugly" if women are to have stretchmarks, scars and wrinkles.  I am hoping that focusing  on the skin will divert peoples thinking away from that and take away something new to think about.  As my images are so close up you will not be able to determine the age of the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment