Friday 24 April 2015

Depth of field

I much prefer these image that I took in the studio.  The lighting is consistent and there was no shaky camera.  I feel that these images are starting to show what I would present.  

Even though on here the pictures appear quite clear, when I click  on a picture and it comes up most of it is quite clearly blurry due to the narrow depth of field that I am still working on.  It is quite frustrating because when I take the pictures on the live view on the camera they look perfectly clear with everything in focus but its only when I transfer them onto the computer and look at them on there that I see the faults.  I think the palm of the hand works a bit better than the top here, as I was able to bend the palm to create more curves and shadows.

This is a step in another direction when I compare it to 'Earnestly yours'; my original inspiration because I have decided to focus much more on the textures and true colours of the skin rather than full body shots I was shooting at first.   

From here I think I shall take more photos in the studios so I can practice the focus more, then from there begin photographing my gran to bring in some variety, although I will stick with the 65mm lens.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment