Friday 24 April 2015

65mm macro


REMEMBER: Always shoot in raw. 

After shooting with available light I went into the studio and this time i was using a 65mm macro lens rather than a 50mm, so I knew that the depth of field would be even narrower but I had to test it out.

I took pictures of my set up with the camera on a tripod this time for extra stability which was handy because I could easily wind it up and down in order to help even more with the focus.

I had four separate constant lights on full beam and the lens at 1x zoom to begin with.  The lights were on full beam and so close to the hands because the more I zoom in with the macro lens the further the light has to travel up the lens and less time to reach the camera lens, which is why I had four lights instead of my original three point lighting idea.   








No comments:

Post a Comment