Thursday 23 April 2015

Macro shoot

My first macro shoot was with a 50mm macro lens on a DSLR camera.  After getting to grips with the aperture and light meter readings I decided to try and firstly test out macro images with available lighting.  I think to some extent available light is better than artificial lighting because there is much more flexibility in where and what you shoot and I think it worked quite well with these images.  The lighting is not too harsh or too warm, I like that they turned out a bit cold looking rather than more orangey and warm toned.  I like the purples and blues that have come through and I think they add a sense of depth to the images.

These images remind me of the 'Earnestly yours' video I looked at because you can see all the textures in the skin like the veins and the cracks showing through.  Like I thought the depth of field with the images was very small and not all of the image is in focus which I will have to look more into.

I did not use a tripod when taking these images, which I think had an effect on the focus so next time I'm going the use a tripod to make sure its more steady.

I used a range of different ages of hands here to see if there was any contrast between young and older hands and skin.  I think from this shoot I have taken that older skin looks better for macro photography and I think I should try photographing my gran's hands to get a range of ages.  Also I will next try a different macro lens, one that gets closer. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment