Thursday 26 March 2015

Screen Printing Workshop

Screen Printing - "A technique that uses a woven mesh to support an ink blocking stencil to receive a desired image.  The stencil forms open areas so that the ink is able to pass through revealing the image."

Another workshop I took part in was for screen printing,  this workshop was very beneficial to me because this could be a technique that I use when it comes to printing my pictures, as a way to make them larger, which will contrast with the fact that they are macro shots.  Screen printing you also have to use a negative of something and then use the lightbox to transfer the picture onto the screen.  I found this workshop required a lot more preparation than when I did the cyanotypes, but the results from screen printing are a lot clearer rather than patchy areas of blue around the picture, with this method you are able to control the colours and the intensity of the image by using the squeegee.  The screens I used are silk-screens and using these is like a stencil method.  The whole of the screen is covered with emulsion and then the negative image is transferred on, so the the ink/acrylic paint (which we mixed with a gel to make it not as thick) is then pushed through the holes. One colour must be done at a time.











Silk screen























No comments:

Post a Comment