Monday 16 March 2015

Cyanotype Workshop


Cyanotype is a printing process that produces a cyan-blue print using two chemicals - Ferric Ammonium Citrate and Potassium Ferricyanide.

I took part in a cyanotype workshop which I really enjoyed.  I took a few negatives on acetate with me and one positive so I could have one where I could compare which one worked the best.  
I liked this printing technique because I like how you are bale to control the texture of the background to either completely covered in the chemicals or where there are some areas left un-painted as well as some brush marks, leaving them white which leaves a nice comparison between the dark blue.  I think the cyanotypes that worked the best are the ones that were exposed to the ultraviolet light for 200 light units, because I feel that 400 light units was a bit too dark when we washed off the chemicals.  I think that I could use this method when I begin to print my images because the gaps in the paint and chemicals will add to the texture of the skin.
























No comments:

Post a Comment