Tuesday 3 March 2015

Pictures - The human form


  I chose to keep the background for my pictures black so the focus of the background wouldn't be drawn away the body.  For the lighting I tested out how effective just basic 3-point lighting would be against the background and how it would bounce and reflect off the body.  I think keeping the lighting quite basic worked better than I expected because I was able to control the brightness of each light so I could keep the colour of the background rather than it being a bit washed out and appear more grey. I kept the backlight on all of the time compared to the key light which I decided to turn off in some of the images which I like because the backlight outlines the body and adds shadow to the side and front.  The fill light I controlled by turning down the brightness and think it looked best when not on full brightness.
Firstly I decided to capture just simple portrait shots facing different ways and angles, then began to take full body shots to show more of the form of the body and how I can manipulate it into a multitude of shapes.  Secondly I thought I'd take some closer pictures of the skin and arms, showing the textures of the skin.  I thought some of the close ups worked well because the light skin contrasted with the dark backdrop however the closer I wanted to get to the skin the blurrier the camera would go, and so to capture this better I should use a macro lens.
From these images I believe I was able to portray the form of the body rather well, from the variety of poses.  However In comparison to the closer images of the arms I think they turned out a lot better than the full body shots because the model is clothed the form is not all that well to see.  Macro photography and textures of the skin I will look further into. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment